Saturday, April 27, 2013

What is your mental age?

I will be 71 in a few months.

While fixing supper tonight I received a phone call from a friend in Georgia who wanted me to drop everything and turn on the TV to see a full-length movie remake of the TV series "Starsky and Hutch". I had never seen a full episode of the series, only enough to make me turn off the set, but I decided to run down some YouTube clips of the new movie just to humor his wishes. They reaffirmed everything I have ever thought about the mentality of TV viewers. I had always figured the average viewer mentality at about 6th grade but I was starting to think it might be more like 3rd grade.

Intrigued, I Googled around trying to find research on this topic. Instead, I stumbled onto a little 20-or-30-question quiz that purports to determine a person's mental age. I gave it a try and learned that my mental age is 72 years. The darn quiz was smarter than I thought. I am wise beyond my years, it seems.

http://www.dumb.com/mentalage/


Mentally, how old are YOU?

-- Dalton Hammond